The key to a successful interview is preparation. Below we have listed a selection of questions that you might be asked – think about your responses:
1. Why do you want to work for us?
2. Why should we employ you?
3. What will you bring to the job?
4. Tell me about yourself.
5. What major qualities do you possess that will enhance your
nnsuitability for this position?
6. If you were to describe yourself in one word what would it be?
7. What are your long term goals?
8. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
9. Why do you want this job?
10. What are your strengths?
11. What are your weaknesses?
12. Are you an analytical person?
13. Are you an innovative person?
14. What motivates you?
15. Why did you leave your last job?
16. What made you want to make this change?
17. Describe your most recent position.
18. What do you enjoy about this job?
19. What were your main responsibilities for this job?
20. Sum up your contribution to your current employer.
21. How would your current employer describe you?
22. How would your colleagues describe you?
23. Do you have experience of management?
24. Describe your managerial style.
25. What aspect of being in charge of people do you enjoy?
26. Are there any aspects of being in charge of people that you do not enjoy?
27. Do you work well in a team?
28. What do you bring to a team?
29. How would you deal with a difficult team member?
30. How do you manage politics within an organisation?
31. How do you react when an important deadline is approaching?
32. Are you a decision maker? Give me an example.
33. Why do you want to change jobs?
34. What is your notice period?
35. Have you been invited to any other interviews?
36. Have you had any other job offers?
37. Why do you want this job?
38. Why do you think you will fit into the culture of this organisation?
39. Do you have any holiday commitments?
40. What aspect of the advert for this position attracted you?
41. How do keep up with technical developments in your field?
42. What training have you undertaken in the past year?
43. What is your greatest achievement?
44. What is your greatest failure?
45. How do you react to criticism? Give me an example.
46. What are your main interests outside of work?
47. Who do you most admire in public life and why?
48. What is the question you would least like us to ask?
49. What is the next step in your career?
50. In hindsight would you have chosen a different career path?
51..What can we offer you that your previous organisation cannot offer?
52. How long have you been looking for a new job?
53. What do you know about this organisation?
54. What interests you about this organisation?
55. What motivates you?
Please contact us if you would like more advice or help with your next career move. Call Refreshing Recruitment on 01297 631 777.